We are looking for a creative PR professional to help share the ideas of leading authors and experts in the UK. The role is for a Campaigns Manager/Senior Campaigns Manager but we are also happy to hear from a Senior Campaigns Exec looking to take the next step up.
We are an award-winning agency, with a strong team of 9, leading the way in publicity for non-fiction books and experts. We have an opening for a role for a dynamic publicist to join our company at an exciting time of growth – with a real chance to make your mark!
We manage PR for a range of brilliant non-fiction books, including business, HR and self-development, autobiographies, careers, parenting, MBS, health and history. Our clients include leading publishers like Bloomsbury, FT Publishing, Kogan Page, Pan Macmillan, as well as working direct with authors on book campaigns and on-going author/entrepreneur profiling and thought leadership PR.
- Planning and executing your own publicity campaigns
- Writing clear, concise and engaging press releases
- Brainstorming and researching ideas for campaigns
- Writing thought leadership articles and ‘top tips’ features for the media
- Managing author expectations and maintaining our high level of author care
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Ideally at least three years’ experience in PR within non-fiction books or we would also welcome applications from journalists or PRs with experience in thought leadership/expert profiling
- Excellent communication & copywriting skills
- Have great relationships with journalists
- Determination and resilience – to maintain efforts until results are achieved
- Attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to balance multiple clients at one time
- Write persuasive press releases and pitches
- Have an interest in current affairs and an understanding of topical news
- Enjoy working as part of a team
This is an opportunity to be part of a fun and positive team in a results-driven agency with a journalistic approach to PR. It is a working from home position, with regular in person socials and bi-monthly face to face meetings and ‘creative days’ in Herefordshire. Full or part time role considered.
Salary circa £28,000 - £35,000 + quarterly BONUS, depending on experience.
We offer flexible working, working from home (with compensation for travel to meetings). 20 days annual leave, plus bonus holiday - office closed between Christmas and New Year & everyone gets their birthday off and option to buy back additional holiday.
If this sounds like a job for you, then please get in touch…
Please apply in writing by 22 September to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be our next team member.